Andrew is a Partner of the firm and manages the firm’s Litigation Department. Andrew completed his BA and LLB degrees at the University of the Witwatersrand in 1992 and 1994 respectively, and was admitted to practice in 1995. Andrew was articled to the firm and was appointed as a partner within two years of being admitted. Andrew undertakes some of the most complex litigation work in the country and is presently involved in several multi million and billion Rand suits. Andrew acts for three of the four largest commercial Banks in South Africa, several JSE listed entities as well as a number of multinational corporations, in a wide range of commercial and litigious matters, including complex insolvency work. Andrew’s practice in commercial drafting ranges from standard contracts to highly complex commercial agreements.
Some of the recently reported judgments that Andrew has been involved in are listed hereunder:
- Navy Two CC v Industrial Zone Limited  3 All SA 263 (SCA);
- SouthernEra Resources Limited v Farndell NO 2 All SA 350 (SCA);
- Nedbank Limited and Others v The National Credit Regulator and Another  4 All SA 131 (SCA);
- Ex Parte Arntzen (Nedbank Limited as intervening party) 2013 (1) SA 49 (KZP);
- Nedbank Ltd In re: Van Rhyn v Steyn (2012/34535)  ZAGPJHC 144;
- Allpay Consolidated Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd and Others v Chief Executive Officer of the South African Social Security Agency and Others (CCT 48/13)  ZACC 42.